Duration: half day
Starting point: Martin-May-Str. 7, 60594 Frankfurt
Optional starting point: from your company – price on request.
Language: English and German
(Other languages on request)
Length: approx. 12 km
Price: 39 €
bike rental: 5 € (optional)
EBIKE rental: 20 € (optional)
Registration & Information:
Let us advise you free of charge and without obligation!
By mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone (Mon – Fri. 09: 00 – 18: 00):
+49 – (0) 69 – 693054
Answers, frequently asked questions can be found here: FAQ
Click here for our general terms and conditions: AGB’s
- Explanations to the Frankfurt skyline
- On request, we will prepare picnic with local specialities at the Main!
- Explanations to famous sights: e.g. the Römer, the Goethe House, the European Central Bank, etc.
Cycling tour Frankfurt: Guided tour by bike to the skyline, Goethe and apple wine
Both, sworn Frankfurt enthusiasts and first-time visitors make the right choice with this staff outing. The perfect mix of famous sights (Römer, European Central Bank, Goethehaus etc.) and insider tips! Selected and qualified tour guides will show you the most beautiful parts of Frankfurt. At the end of the tour you might want to head into a traditional apple wine pub.
Your cycling tour begins in the middle of Sachsenhausen, one of the most popular districts of the city or, if desired, directly at your company (extra costs). Many old buildings from theperiod in the last third of the 19th century characterize the the district with its high density of trendy bars, cozy cafés and a large selection of restaurants as well as many apple wine pubs. There in the rustic ambience traditional food is served. The “Stöffsche” is absolutely essential. Still in the 19th century Sachsenhausen was dominated by orchards. The “Ebbelwoi” was invented here, which has not only been the epitome of Hessian lifestyle since the program “Zum blauen Bock”.
You cycle through small streets to the southern bank of the Main with the famous museums. Here, among others, The “Städelsche Kunstinstitut”, the “Liebieghaus” and the Museum of Applied Art can be found. Via the Holbeinsteg you reach the other side of the river and cycle to the old town of Frankfurt. On the “Römer” you will have a great overview. Only a few meters to the cradle of German democracy – the Paulskirche. Afterwards you cycle to the family home of the Goethe family. Here the famous poet was born and spent his youth.
On a traffic-free path you cycle through the heart of the city to the new and the old opera and experience the impressive silhouette of the city with its high-rise towers. A dangling leads you to the old stock market with the popular motive of photographs – the bull and bear. You head to the east of the city and finally reach the Main again. The city’s new landmark is right in front of you. The new tower of the European Central Bank is the impressive counterpoint to the high-rise ensemble on the west side. At the foot of the listed former wholesale market hall, which is now part of the construction of the ECB, lies one of the most popular bars in the city. The Oosten has a great terrace with a fantastic view of the city. Over the new bridge, which has been much praised for its elegant swing, you cycle back from the Osthafen to the southern bank and make a detour to the Gerbermühle. Previously it was the remodeled summer residence of the bankers family Willemer. Here, in the years 1814-15, Goethe came for visits and was inspired by the daughter of the house for some of his works. Today the Gerbermühle is a popular excursion destination. From there it is only a few meters on the bike to Sachsenhausen and back to the starting point. The cycle tour ends there.
On request, we offer your employees on the Main a delicious picnic. We can also organize a restaurant for lunch or dinner.
The following services are included:
Terranova touring bike incl. bike bag and water bottle
Experienced terranova guide
Selected cycling route around the center of Frankfurt
The following services are optional:
Ebikes for the whole group or individual participants
Coach/Bus for arrival and / or departure
Stop along the way with drinks and snacks at the bank of the Main
Picnic at the Main (cold buffet, including water)
Other drinks for the picnic
Lunch or dinner in Frankfurt Sachsenhausen
Terranova service bus with bike trailer and driver
We will be pleased to develop an optimal solution tailored to your specific needs. We look forward to your call!
Minimum number of participants 10 persons.
We also take care of smaller groups.
Price on request.
Per person 19 €
bike rental: 5 €
Ebike: 20 €
Drinking break per person: 5 €
Picnic per person: 13 €
Champagne with canapés per person: 5 €
Helmet: 5 €
Delivery of the bikes to your company: Price on request
Restaurant reservations: Price on request
all prices plus VAT.
U-Bahn: U1 / U2 / U3: Station Südbahnhof
S-Bahn: S3 / S4 / S5 / S6: Station Lokalbahnhof
Tram: Line 14 / 15 / 16 / 17 Station Lokalbahnhof / Textorstraße
Who are we?
For over 35 years, we from frankfurtbiketour.com and terranova have been organizing bike tours for demanding guests. We have developed countless cycling routes in Germany and in many european countries. We have the complete technical equipment required for such tours and the know-how necessary for cycling tourism, including the necessary operating insurance and concessions (for example for the transport of persons).
Thus we are able to create a distinctive excursion for small groups of 10 to 20 participants as well as for large groups of one hundred or more guests. Our employees have an excellent knowledge of all cycling routes and choose the appropriate infrastructure (e.g. restaurants, picnic areas, transfer facilities). This allows us to offer a large package of additional services for each tour. In this way, we can individually implement the needs and ideas of your company.
Excursions on the bike require additional experience. The organization of a staff outing places certain demands. During this tours, special needs of the workforce have to be taken into account beyond the tourist event. Often not all of the employees want or can accompany an excursion on the bike. However they must of course be integrated into the excursion in such a way that they also enjoy it.
Do we need our own bicycles?
No, of course not. We provide you with high quality bicycles. When developing our touring bikes, safety is always a priority. You and we must be able to rely on every part of the bike and it must also be highly comfortable. Only if all ergonomic requirements are met, you can feel comfortable during the ride and achieve maximum performance with a minimum of effort.
Our bikes are equipped with the SHIMANO eight-speed shift or a new 24-speed chain / hub shift with a free-wheeling mechanism. This circuit is also very easy to use for inexperienced people. You can even pedal and switch at the same time. You don’t have to take your hand off the handlebars.
Also a large fleet of EBIKEs/pedelecs can be rolled out for your company!
Where do the tours begin?
The meeting point can be found on every tour under “arrival and departure” or “meeting point”.
However, we are also looking forward to your individual wishes!
How strenuous are our tours?
Of course, this always depends on your individual condition. Since a staff outing should be a great experience for everyone, our tours are suitable for everyone – that means even for untrained tour participants easy to manage.
Not all of our employees want to ride a bicycle.
Often not all employees want or can take part at an excursion on the bike. We can make you an offer where also employees are integrated into the excursion who do not want to ride a bicycle.
What happens if the weather is bad, do the tours take place anyway?
We know the worries of those who have never done an excursion with us: they fear nothing more than rain! Let one of our guests confirm: this fear is unfounded. Not that we can guarantee dry weather; Even with us it can rain.
But our guides usually know a way out. Sometimes it is enough to wait for the end of a shower under a canopy. Nevertheless, you should take heed: “There is actually no bad weather, but only wrong clothes!” In case of announced continuous rain we will get in touch with you in advance and discuss a possible alternative program.
How is the safety of the touring bikes secured?
All our bicycles come back into the care of our qualified bicyclemonteurs after every tour, which will thoroughly check them every two weeks.
What about toilet breaks?
Your guide will also know the “silent places” on the route and we will be happy to take a break.
Why explore the region by bicycle?
Who does not know those bicyclists who are racing along the main bike path in the colorful sports dress? These are certainly not our guests! Our motive to ride a bike is quite different: we want to experience the (urban) landscape. Our cycle routes lead to many sights and cultural objects, which will be remembered for a long time. With our competent, partly for years active guides for us, you will rediscover the region!
How many can participate in the company tour?
Through our wide Kow-How we are able to create a distinctive excursion for small groups of 10 to 20 participants as well as large groups of one hundred and more guests. Our employees have an excellent knowledge of all cycling routes and choose the appropriate infrastructure (e.g. restaurants, picnic areas, transfer facilities). That’s why we can individually implement the needs and ideas of your company.
We have set the following companies in Motion:
- Cannon – 15 participants – September 2019
- Heinze – 63 participants – September 2019
- Acanthus – 30 participants – September 2019
- WISAG – 20 participants – August 2019
- Ferrero – 20 participants – July 2019
- Pfizer – 15 participants – May 2019
- Hereaus – 95 participants – May 2019
- Ernsting’s Family – 55 participants – September 2018
- KIA Motors – 10 participants – August 2018
- SUS Kanzlei – 20 participants – July 2018
- Zaeske & Partner Architekten – 21 participants – June 2018
- Sparda Bank München – 130 participants – June 2018
- Fiege Logistik – 26 participants – April 2018
- Milbank Tweed – 25 participants – July 2017
- Fraport – 35 participants – June 2017
- FCC EMEA – 34 participants – May 2017
- Blackrock Frankfurt – 10 participants – July 2016
- Architekturbüro Hader Stumpfen Schramm – 13 participants – July 2016
- Finanz Informatik – 12 participants – July 2016
- Kleinmichel & Kapp PartG mbB – 10 participants – July 2016
- Uniglobealliancetravel – 80 participants – May 2016
- Catholic kindergarten “Regenbogen” – 12 participants – May 2016
- BancArt GmbH – 30 participants – April 2016
- 42 INCENTIVE GmbH – 20 participants – April 2016
- Berufsgenossenschaft für Gesundheitsfragen u. Wohlfahrtspflege – 16 participants – September 2015
- Uni Credit Bank AG – 15 participants – September 2015
- Dancing school Müller Merkt – 26 participants – September 2015
- meet & more Veranstaltungsmanagement – 37 participants – September 2015
- Enotech energy GmbH – 20 participants – September 2015
- DZ Bank AG – 9 participants – July 2015
- Wirtschaftsföderung Frankfurt – 25 participants – July 2015
- Nestlé Deutschland AG – 10 participants – June 2015
- Conference & touring – 50 participants – June 2015
- Gas-Union GmbH – 75 – 90 participants – 2013; 2014; 2015
- Dancing school Schneider – 10 participants – July 2015
- Gasunion Frankfurt – 95 participants – June 2015
- Euro engineering AG – 70 participants – June 2012
- Haftpflichtkasse Darmstadt – 30 participants – August 2007
- Genzyme GmbH – 40 participants – July 2006
- IAV GmbH – 17 participants – June 2006
- Euro engineering AG – 35 participants – July 2006
- Keller Grundbau GmbH – 20 participants – September 2005
- Haftpflichtkasse Darmstadt – 90 participants – September 2004
- UP Consult GmbH – 21 participants – May 2004