Staff Outing: beautiful "Bergstraße" by bike or pedelec
Duration: half or full day
Optional starting point: from your company – price on request.
Language: German and English
(Other languages on request)
Length: 12 km / 26 km
Pure cycling time: 1,5 hrs / 3,5 hrs
Route: Asphalt and solid forest paths
Slopes: no – but downhill runs
Price: 44 € / 59 €
EBIKE: 20 € (optional)
Registration & Information:
Let us advise you free of charge and without any obligation!
By mail: email@example.com
By phone (Mon. – Fri. 09: 00 – 18: 00):
+49 (0) 69 – 693054
Answers to frequently asked questions can be found here: FAQ
Click here for our general terms and conditions: AGB’s
- Pleasant cycling at the “Comoder Weg”
- Romantic castle Schloss Auerbach
- The former residence Staatsspark Fürstenlager
- World Cultural Heritage Monastery Lorsch (only for full-day excursion)
Picturesque “Bergstraße” : From the “Alsbacher Burg” to Auerbach & Lorsch
(Half or full day excursion possible)
Enjoy the ride on the “Comoder Weg”. You pass romantic castle ruins, the former Residenzspark Fürstenlager and the world cultural heritage monastery Lorsch (only during full-day excursion). If desired, we prepare a wine tasting or a tasty picnic lunch for your company.
The tour starts at the Alsbacher castle, which is visible from afar. Over the picturesque “Comoder Weg” we cycle through the beautiful forest to the romantic ruins of Schloss Auerbach (7 km). The view of the Rhine valley is breathtaking. You do not need much imagination to imagine the life of medieval knights from above. We tell you what the castle has to offer. The second stage goes down to the residence Fürstenlager near Auerbach (3 km). The former summer residence of the Grand Dukes of Hessen-Darmstadt invites you to visit with its large park. On request we welcome the participants with a refreshing drinking break and snacks. If you wish, we can also arrange a guided tour through the Park (duration approx. 1 hour). It is not far from here to Auerbach (2 km). Many places tempt you to stop here. Enjoy local cuisine and a glass of wine from the “Bergstraße”. We are happy to make a reservation for a lunch in an original restaurant. If your trip should not end here, you can cycle another 15 kilometers to Lorsch in the afternoon. On the way we can prepare a small refreshment pause. The ruins of the former Lorsch monastery are on the list of world cultural heritage: the so called “Königshalle” with its rich ornamentation is one of the most important examples of early medieval architecture. The purpose of this building is still controversial! In Lorsch the cycle tour can end with a champagene reception or a tasty dinner in one of the rustic restaurants.
The following services are included in the price:
Terranova touring bike incl. pannier and water bottle
Terranova service bus with bike trailer and driver
terranova tour guide
On-site technical support
Selected cycling route from Alsbach to Auerbach (or Lorsch)
The following services are optional:
Electric bicycles / pedelecs for the whole group or individual participants
Rental bus for arrival and / or departure
Stops with snacks and drinks
Delicious picnic (cold buffet, including water)
alkoholic drinks for the picnic
Lunch oder Dinner at Auerbach or Lorsch
additional program for non cyclists
guided tour at the castle Auerbach, the residence Fürstenlager or Lorsch (1 hour each)
We would be happy to organize a tour for you, wich perfectly matches your specific needs and ideas.
We are looking forwad to your call!
Minimum number of participants: 16 persons.
We also take care of smaller groups!
Price on request.
Per person 44 € / 59 €
Ebike: 20 €
Drinking break per person: 5 €
Picnic per person: 13 € / 18 € (with wine and beer)
Champagne with canapés per person: 5 €
Helmet: 5 €
guided tours: from 90 €
Delivery of the bikes to your company: Price on request
Restaurant reservations: Price on request
all prices plus VAT.
Arrival and departure:
As the individual arrival to Alsbach is not optimal for everyone, we recommend a rental bus for your team. We are happy to organize this. It will pick you up and bring you back to the office – or to any other desired location. Also the private arrival of the employees to the starting place is possible in particular with own car. There are many parking possibilities at the castle Alsbach. There are also regular train connections between Frankfurt and Bickenbach / Alsbach. We offer suggestions for the organization of the return to the parking.
The cycle tour begins at the castle of Alsbach and ends in Auerbach (or Lorsch). Meeting point is the parking lot in front of the castle. Time after arrangement. The duration of the cycling tour including a refreshment break at the “Fürstenlager” is about 2.5 hours. We therefore recommend to start around 10:00 am to allow lunch in Auerbach around 12:30 pm. The tour is also suitable for an afternoon bike trip. The whole-day excursion should also start around 10:00 am, since after the lunch we still cycle 90 minutes (without drinks) to Lorsch.
Who are we?
For over 35 years, we from frankfurtbiketour.com and terranova have been organizing bike tours for demanding guests. We have developed countless cycling routes in Germany and in many european countries. We have the complete technical equipment required for such tours and the know-how necessary for cycling tourism, including the necessary operating insurance and concessions (for example for the transport of persons).
Thus we are able to create a distinctive excursion for small groups of 10 to 20 participants as well as for large groups of one hundred or more guests. Our employees have an excellent knowledge of all cycling routes and choose the appropriate infrastructure (e.g. restaurants, picnic areas, transfer facilities). This allows us to offer a large package of additional services for each tour. In this way, we can individually implement the needs and ideas of your company.
Excursions on the bike require additional experience. The organization of a staff outing places certain demands. During this tours, special needs of the workforce have to be taken into account beyond the tourist event. Often not all of the employees want or can accompany an excursion on the bike. However they must of course be integrated into the excursion in such a way that they also enjoy it.
Do we need our own bicycles?
No, of course not. We provide you with high quality bicycles. When developing our touring bikes, safety is always a priority. You and we must be able to rely on every part of the bike and it must also be highly comfortable. Only if all ergonomic requirements are met, you can feel comfortable during the ride and achieve maximum performance with a minimum of effort.
Our bikes are equipped with the SHIMANO eight-speed shift or a new 24-speed chain / hub shift with a free-wheeling mechanism. This circuit is also very easy to use for inexperienced people. You can even pedal and switch at the same time. You don’t have to take your hand off the handlebars.
Also a large fleet of EBIKEs/pedelecs can be rolled out for your company!
Where do the tours begin?
The meeting point can be found on every tour under “arrival and departure” or “meeting point”.
However, we are also looking forward to your individual wishes!
How strenuous are our tours?
Of course, this always depends on your individual condition. Since a staff outing should be a great experience for everyone, our tours are suitable for everyone – that means even for untrained tour participants easy to manage.
Not all of our employees want to ride a bicycle.
Often not all employees want or can take part at an excursion on the bike. We can make you an offer where also employees are integrated into the excursion who do not want to ride a bicycle.
What happens if the weather is bad, do the tours take place anyway?
We know the worries of those who have never done an excursion with us: they fear nothing more than rain! Let one of our guests confirm: this fear is unfounded. Not that we can guarantee dry weather; Even with us it can rain.
But our guides usually know a way out. Sometimes it is enough to wait for the end of a shower under a canopy. Nevertheless, you should take heed: “There is actually no bad weather, but only wrong clothes!” In case of announced continuous rain we will get in touch with you in advance and discuss a possible alternative program.
How is the safety of the touring bikes secured?
All our bicycles come back into the care of our qualified bicyclemonteurs after every tour, which will thoroughly check them every two weeks.
What about toilet breaks?
Your guide will also know the “silent places” on the route and we will be happy to take a break.
Why explore the region by bicycle?
Who does not know those bicyclists who are racing along the main bike path in the colorful sports dress? These are certainly not our guests! Our motive to ride a bike is quite different: we want to experience the (urban) landscape. Our cycle routes lead to many sights and cultural objects, which will be remembered for a long time. With our competent, partly for years active guides for us, you will rediscover the region!
How many can participate in the company tour?
Through our wide Kow-How we are able to create a distinctive excursion for small groups of 10 to 20 participants as well as large groups of one hundred and more guests. Our employees have an excellent knowledge of all cycling routes and choose the appropriate infrastructure (e.g. restaurants, picnic areas, transfer facilities). That’s why we can individually implement the needs and ideas of your company.
We have set the following companies in motion:
- Cannon – 15 participants – September 2019
- Heinze – 63 participants – September 2019
- Acanthus – 30 participants – September 2019
- WISAG – 20 participants – August 2019
- Ferrero – 20 participants – July 2019
- Pfizer – 15 participants – May 2019
- Hereaus – 95 participants – May 2019
- Ernsting’s Family – 55 participants – September 2018
- KIA Motors – 10 participants – August 2018
- SUS Kanzlei – 20 participants – July 2018
- Zaeske & Partner Architekten – 21 participants – June 2018
- Sparda Bank München – 130 participants – June 2018
- Fiege Logistik – 26 participants – April 2018
- Milbank Tweed – 25 participants – July 2017
- Fraport – 35 participants – June 2017
- FCC EMEA – 34 participants – May 2017
- Blackrock Frankfurt – 10 participants – July 2016
- Architekturbüro Hader Stumpfen Schramm – 13 participants – July 2016
- Finanz Informatik – 12 participants – July 2016
- Kleinmichel & Kapp PartG mbB – 10 participants – July 2016
- Uniglobealliancetravel – 80 participants – May 2016
- Catholic kindergarten “Regenbogen” – 12 participants – May 2016
- BancArt GmbH – 30 participants – April 2016
- 42 INCENTIVE GmbH – 20 participants – April 2016
- Berufsgenossenschaft für Gesundheitsfragen u. Wohlfahrtspflege – 16 participants – September 2015
- Uni Credit Bank AG – 15 participants – September 2015
- Dancing school Müller Merkt – 26 participants – September 2015
- meet & more Veranstaltungsmanagement – 37 participants – September 2015
- Enotech energy GmbH – 20 participants – September 2015
- DZ Bank AG – 9 participants – July 2015
- Wirtschaftsföderung Frankfurt – 25 participants – July 2015
- Nestlé Deutschland AG – 10 participants – June 2015
- Conference & touring – 50 participants – June 2015
- Gas-Union GmbH – 75 – 90 participants – 2013; 2014; 2015
- Dancing school Schneider – 10 participants – July 2015
- Gasunion Frankfurt – 95 participants – June 2015
- Euro engineering AG – 70 participants – June 2012
- Haftpflichtkasse Darmstadt – 30 participants – August 2007
- Genzyme GmbH – 40 participants – July 2006
- IAV GmbH – 17 participants – June 2006
- Euro engineering AG – 35 participants – July 2006
- Keller Grundbau GmbH – 20 participants – September 2005
- Haftpflichtkasse Darmstadt – 90 participants – September 2004
- UP Consult GmbH – 21 participants – May 2004