bike cruise: Rhine, Moselle, Neckar
Registration & Information:
Let us advise you free of charge and without obligation!
by mail: Info@terranova-touristik.de
by phone (Mo – Fr. 09:00 – 18:00): +49 – (0)69 – 693054
Answers, frequently asked questions can be found here: Frequently Asked Questions
Click here for our general terms and conditions: AGB´s
- romantic bike cruise along the river Moselle, Rhine and Neckar
- famous wine-growing areas along the rivers
- selected cycle routes with romantic places and mighty castles
- UNESCO World Cultural Heritage “Upper Middel Rhine Valley”
- Romanesque architecture in Mainz, Koblenz, and Trier
The bike cruise combines the comfortable ride on the river cruise ship MS Casanova of Nicko Cruises with very attractive bike trips. Experience landscape and culture along the Neckar, the Rhine, the Moselle and the Saar comfortably without changing hotels. Full board is included in the lovingly prepared picnic buffets with drinks. In the morning you can enjoy a sumptuous breakfast buffet and in the evening you can dine in the restaurant on the ship.
DAY 1: SHIPMENT IN SAARBRÜCKEN
At 1:00 pm, your guides will be waiting for you at Saarbrücken Central Station to take you to the town hall in the Old Town (Sightseeing). Followed by boarding aboard the MS Casanova. First dinner on board.
DAY 2: TRIER – THE OLDEST CITY OF GERMANY! – 20 km
At noon, the ship stops at the gates of Trier. On a guided tour we will show you the Trier of the Romans and the medieval center. In the afternoon we cycle along the Ruwer and Moselle back to your ship.
DAY 3: FROM BERNKASTEL KUES ALONG THE CULTURAL MOSELLE – 30 km
The bike tour leads from Berkastel to Neumagen-Dhron. On the way we show you that even the Romans had wine-growing on the Moselle! At noon we drive you back to Bernkastel-Kues to the MS Casanova.
DAY 4: BY BIKE AND TRAIN THROUGH THE MIDDLE RHINE VALLEY – 54 km
In the morning, your ship stops in Braubach. A fantastic route awaits you! Our bike tour leads through the UNESCO World Heritage Upper Middle Rhine Valley to Bingen. By train we reach Mainz (tour) in the afternoon.
DAY 5: CYCLING AROUND HEIDELBERG – 30 km
At noon, your ship starts in Heidelberg. The harmony of the city, the castle and the river Neckar enchanted the poets and painters of the Romantic Era 200 years ago. Even today, the magic continues unchanged and attracts visitors from all over the world. We take you by foot through the old town to the bicycles and explore the beautiful surroundings of Heidelberg by bike.
DAY 6: HISTORICAL KAISERPFALZ IN THE NECKAR VALLEY – 44 km
In the morning, the MS Casanova stops in Eberbach. On today’s bike tour along the Neckar, many castles and fortresses bear witness to the significant history of this region. In the afternoon we reach our floating hotel in the historic imperial palace in Bad Wimpfen (visit).
DAY 7: BAROQUE RESIDENCE LUDWIGSBURG AND THE VINEYARD OF NECKARTAL – 40 km
Our bike tour takes us from Lauffen along the steep vineyards and through the nature reserve “Altneckar” to Schiller’s birthplace Marbach and further on to Ludwigsburg. The Ludwigsburg Palace with its large park is the largest undamaged baroque palace in Germany (visit).
DAY 8: STUTTGART AND DEPARTURE
In the morning, your ship will reach Canstatt, where your journey ends at 9:00. Your tour guides organize a transfer to the main train station (not included). Optionally, you can book a city tour, which ends at 11:00 am at the central station.
The total distance by bike and foot is 218 km. Excellent cycling and hiking trails make this trip an experience. We mostly use car-free bike and forest trails. If we have to avoid traffic roads because of the lack of alternatives, we have chosen small and less traveled roads for you.
- Guided visits with local guides and admissions according to the program
- Guided bike tours on selected routes on 6 days including all transfers according to the program
- Rental bike with 8-speed pedale brake or 24-speed freewheel chain / hub gear
- Accompanying Service bus with possibility of boarding and technical support
- Direction by two tour guides
SERVICES MS CASANOVA
- 8 days cruise in an outside cabin of the booked category
- Full board: Rich breakfast buffet / Multi-course meals served at the table for dinner / Multi-course meals or picnics during the bike rides / Optional light lunch buffet / Coffee and tea after lunch and dinner / Coffee and cake or midnight snack depending on the daily program / Festive gala dinner
- All port and passenger fees
- luggage service between dock and cabin at embarkation and disembarkation
- Per person in the double cabin main deck aft 1199 €
- per person in the double cabin main deck 1349 €
- Per person in the double cabin Main Deck Deluxe 1599 €
- Per person in the double cabin upper deck (with French balcony) 1799 €
- 2 bed cabin main deck for single use 2099 €
- 2 bed cabin upper deck for single use 3149 €
- cycling & cultural excursion program 595 €
- Electric bicycle (pedelec) 160 €
- Cruise beverage package per person 160 €